Thanks to our community's support, work has begun on a modernization and addition project. Work will include a second floor added above the current career and technical education (CTE) classrooms to add permanent classrooms that will get students out of portables.
We will also modernize CTE classrooms to help students learn 21st century skills. The project will expand and improve the commons and improve our performing arts stage and classrooms. Outside the school walls, students will get improved access to an all-weather athletic field.
We thank our students, families and all those in the community whose support helps us provide the modern classrooms our students need and deserve. We'd also like to thank members of the Project Review Committee, who devoted numerous hours to develop the modernization plans:
- Brandon Brown, CTE Teacher
- Erika Cassell, Librarian
- Doyle Clouser, Assistant Principal
- Jim Daniel, Science Teacher
- Mindy Eisele, English
- Wayne Gizzi, Special Education
- Alexys Haun, Assistant Principal
- Kris Howell, Career Center and Aviation
- Rebecca Johnson, Principal
- Cris Larson, Community Member
- Tom McVicker, Voval Music
- Doug Newell, CKSD Executive Director of Business and Operations
- Don Richard, ISS Monitor
- Robin Shoemaker, CKSD Director of Capital Projects
- Carla Yenko, Math and Paraeducator
Spring 2017 – Library remodel, site preparation
Summer 2017 – Construction begins
Fall 2018 — Core reopens
What do you want to know about the project? Ask us!
We’ll take the most frequently asked questions and publish answers online.