Tutorial time at Olympic High School is for you!
…is provided for you to get extra help from teachers, do make-up work including quizzes and exams, and to better prepare yourself for your classroom responsibilities. Please carefully read the information below:
- Tutorial time is not a social time.
- Tutorial time is for you to further your academic pursuits.
- You may be required by teacher assignment to attend particular Tutorial sessions.
- These assignments are not optional, and you will be required to attend when assigned.
- If you are not assigned to a specific Tutorial session, you are required to be engaged in classroom work or appropriate academic reading during Tutorial time in your Tutorial classroom.
- If your GPA on the last grading period is 3.0 or higher, and you have no ‘Ds’ or ‘Fs’, you will be able to apply to “Self-Select” to alternate work areas or small group study teams. (Download an application.)
- The “Self-Select” option will not be available to sophomores during first semester except those enrolled in an AP course.
- At the end of first semester, staff will review the sophomore class patterns of behavior and academic achievement to determine readiness for this privilege for second semester.
- Sophomore students enrolled in an AP course may “Self-Select” for an AP study group associated with their AP class only.
Your Responsibilities During Tutorial Time
- You are to come prepared for Tutorial time as assigned by your teacher.
- When assigned by a teacher, you are to report to assigned Tutorial after attendance check-in with advisory teacher.
- Bring classroom materials and appropriate reading materials for use when assigned work is complete.
- You will not be able to visit your locker or the restroom during Tutorial time.
- You are required to remain in the classroom that you moved to for Tutorial.
- If not assigned by your teacher, you may request help from a specific teacher, but you must secure a pass from the teacher prior to the Tutorial time desired.
- Tutorial time is work time not social time.
- You are to be engaged in academic work or appropriate academic reading materials.
- Sleeping is not permitted.
- You will not be allowed to leave your Tutorial classroom without a Tutorial pass to a specific Tutorial or alternate assignment.
- If you remain in your Tutorial classroom, you are required to be academically engaged in academic work or academic reading.
- All Olympic High School policies and procedures as well as the Students Rights and Responsibilities are in effect during Tutorial time.